Friday, March 16, 2012

Drive (2011)

I wanted to love this movie, but in the end I only half-loved it. The opening sequence is fantastic, but the rest of the movie never quite matched up for me. As soon as the actual plot got going, I found myself losing interest, as much as I tried to stay focused. The visuals were not as interesting, the character not quite as intriguing to me... It regained a lot of it in the ending, but I just didn't get into the middle section, much as I tried. 3.5 stars.

Best Part: The opening. All the way up through the opening credits. It's oddly mesmerizing.
Worst Part: Honestly, the worst part for me was finding I was bored in the middle when I had loved the beginning so much.
Flickchart: #454, below Glengarry Glen Ross and above Secret Window, which is WAY too high up on the list. I will have to fix that.

No comments: