Thursday, March 29, 2012

Deliverance (1972)

I knew it was unlikely that I would fall head over heels in love with this movie, but I certainly didn't expect to be bored to death with it. I didn't connect with the main characters at any point, and so when they ran into the trouble they did, it was hard for me to care about it at all. Add to this the fact that I already have trouble paying attention during nature-heavy, dialogue-light movies (although, admittedly, that's my own personal bias there), and I ended up with a movie that's considered a classic where I just don't get the appeal. 1 star.

Best Part: I liked the very last shot.
Worst Part: All the rest of it. Sitting through this movie was so very, very difficult for me.
Flickchart: #1442, below Cujo and above Just Like Heaven.

No comments: