Friday, October 21, 2011

Mean Girls (2004)

I announced to a group of friends last night that I'd never seen Mean Girls, and they all let out shrieks of, "I love Mean Girls!" and insisted I watch it right then and there. While I didn't end up with that sort of adoration for it, I did enjoy it. Tina Fey wrote a smart comedic script, and the acting is pretty entertaining, especially Amanda Seyfried. There were plenty of moments when I laughed out loud, which is all I really ask for in a comedy. Good enough. 3.5 stars.

Best Part: I was trying to remember which moment got the loudest laugh from me... I can't remember exactly, but one possibility is the moment when the person not from their school shares during apology time. "I just have a lot of feelings."
Worst Part: There weren't a lot of moments that fell flat, but toward the end there were moments that were either being cheesily hilarious or accidentally being cheesily serious, and the fact that I couldn't tell which it was going for was kind of annoying.
FlickChart: #391, below Ghost Town and above Crimson Tide. Far too high, but it'll drop.

1 comment:

Raghav said...

Mean girls is just one of those movies that although is fun but as you grow older you appreciate it lesser and lesser. I thought it was okay, but then maybe I was not the target audience.