Saturday, March 23, 2019

Us (2019)


IMDb plot summary: A family's serenity turns to chaos when a group of doppelgängers begins to terrorize them.
Directed by Jordan Peele. Starring Lupita Nyong'o, Winston Duke, Shahadi Wright Joseph, and Evan Alex.

I absolutely loved this from beginning to end. I'm not sure it's as culturally essential as Get Out was, but I think I enjoyed it more. I was slightly dissatisfied with Get Out's plot reveal, while a similar reveal in Us delighted me. It's terrifying and sad and an amazing balance of humor with horror and just beautifully done overall.

How it entered my Flickchart:
Us > Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
Us > Rock of Ages
Us > Breaking Away
Us > Kes
Us < Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street (2007)
Us < The Rocketeer
Us < A Quiet Place
Us > Mr. Smith Goes to Washington
Us > Another Woman
Us > Repulsion
Us > Speed

Final spot: #161 out of 2931.

No comments: