Friday, March 29, 2019

Holiday (2018)


IMDb plot summary: A love triangle featuring the trophy girlfriend of a petty drug lord, caught up in a web of luxury and violence in a modern dark gangster tale set in the beautiful port city of Bodrum on the Turkish Riviera.
Directed by Isabella Eklöf. Starring Victoria Carmen Sonne, Lai Yde, Thijs Römer, and Michiel de Jong.

This is a difficult review to write, because objectively, this movie does most things well. It creates our main character and the difficult situation she's in with minimal dialogue and great acting, but I just don't feel myself gripped by it, not even in the more intense moments of the movie. It's a film I admire from a distance but feel nothing about, even though it's hard to actually come up with anything negative to say about it.

How it entered my Flickchart:
Holiday < Logan
Holiday > Braveheart
Holiday > How I Live Now
Holiday < Blade Runner
Holiday > The Giver
Holiday > My Big Fat Greek Wedding
Holiday > The Whistleblower
Holiday > Despicable Me
Holiday > In Time
Holiday > The Milagro Beanfield War
Final spot: #1654 out of 2935.

No comments: