Saturday, March 23, 2019

Captain Marvel (2019)


IMDb plot summary: Carol Danvers becomes one of the universe's most powerful heroes when Earth is caught in the middle of a galactic war between two alien races.
Directed by Anna Boden & Ryan Fleck. Starring Brie Larson, Samuel L. Jackson, Ben Mendelsohn, and Jude Law.

I think I'm hitting that point with MCU movies where even when they don't really connected to the rest of the MCU very strongly, I just feel tired watching them. Black Panther managed to be unique enough to push past that barrier, but this one mostly just feels like The Origin-est of All Origin Stories. There's not a single unexpected moment or turn in here. I feel like I've seen this movie at LEAST six times before. It's an all right movie in and of itself, I had an OK time watching it, but it would be better if it was like... the first movie I'd ever seen and I had nothing to compare it to. But I'm glad it exists. Representation is good.

How it entered my Flickchart:
Captain Marvel < John Dies at the End
Captain Marvel > Lincoln
Captain Marvel > How I Live Now
Captain Marvel > The Exorcism of Emily Rose
Captain Marvel < Ghost Ship
Captain Marvel < Ballet Shoes
Captain Marvel < Hustle & Flow
Captain Marvel > Runaway Jury
Captain Marvel > Code 46
Captain Marvel < Black Snake Moan

Final spot: #1630 out of 2932.

No comments: