Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Withnail & I (1987)

I feel like I should have liked this movie. I like British movies as a rule and British comedies almost all the time. Somehow, however, I never connected with this. I felt like it was a bunch of jokes I couldn't get and a bunch of characters I couldn't understand doing things I couldn't get interested in. I might have to try and rewatch it someday, because I really don't want to believe that a movie I should have liked so much could have... bored me as much as it did. 2 stars.

Best Part: The scenes where the two of them were panicking about something were usually pretty entertaining.
Worst Part: The fact that as I try to remember a moment I particularly disliked about it, I can't actually remember most of the movie.
FlickChart: #774, below Throw Momma From the Train and above Fun With Dick and Jane. I wish this movie rhymed with them, too.

No comments: