Monday, December 12, 2011

G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra (2009)

I admit, it wasn't like I was a big G.I. Joe fan to begin with. It wasn't ever really part of my childhood. But there have been movies that I enjoyed even though I didn't know the franchise/series/characters. This is not one of them. These are the thinnest characters I have possibly ever seen in any movie ever, a pretty awkwardly strung together plot, and then just a lot of explosions, which doesn't really make up for the rest of it. With a large group of people, this could be a fun movie to mock as you watch it, but watching it on my own wasn't even remotely entertaining. 1 star.

Best Part: Hey, Christopher Eccleston! I do love him.
Worst Part: The redheaded chick solemnly intoning that she doesn't believe in attraction because it's just an emotion. I laughed out loud. Is she Sheldon Cooper's sister? Nobody says that kind of stuff.
FlickChart: #1231, right below Duane Hopwood (which should be higher up on the list) and right above Bitter Moon.

1 comment:

Raghav said...

Although I agree with you on the characters lacking substance I enjoyed the movie because I wasn't expecting much except for some brainless fun from it. The second part looks even better with a change in cast.