Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Dot the I (2003)


IMDb plot summary: Young lovers in London are wrapped up in a love triangle that may not be exactly what it seems.
Directed by Matthew Parkhill. Starring Gael GarcĂ­a Bernal, Natalie Verbeke, James D'Arcy, and Tom Hardy.

(Mild spoilers ahead.)

This is such a goofy, gimmicky movie, and I had so much fun with it. From early on it leans into a sort of pulpy psychological thriller feel, and then toward the end of the movie it just embraces the madness head-on. None of it works if you think too hard about it, but if you're willing to just let each silly twist take its course, I found it to be pretty fun. And apparently there's a Bollywood film based on it, so I'll HAVE to watch that too!

How it entered my Flickchart:
Dot the I > Near Dark
Dot the I < The Pirates of Penzance
Dot the I > I Have Never Forgotten You: The Life and Legacy of Simon Wiesenthal
Dot the I < Wonder Boys
Dot the I < Mr. Holmes
Dot the I < Forgiving Dr. Mengele
Dot the I < Hamlet (1990)
Dot the I > The Hidden Fortress
Dot the I < The Bad Sleep Well
Dot the I > The Horse's Mouth
Dot the I > Jackie
Dot the I < Wet Hot American Summer
Final spot: #1152 out of 3118.

No comments: