Friday, February 28, 2020

Can't Hardly Wait (1998)


IMDb plot summary: Multicharacter teenage comedy about high school graduates with different agenda of life on graduation night.
Directed by Harry Elfont, Deborah Kaplan. Starring Jennifer Love Hewitt, Ethan Embry, Charlie Korsmo, and Lauren Ambrose.

I didn't realize until starting this movie that I apparently thought it was She's All That, another 1990s teen comedy I never saw. But once I started watching it, what it really reminded me of was Dazed and Confused -- an ensemble piece about a bunch of teens graduating high school. It doesn't hit the sincere moments particularly well, but there are lots of little minor moments and characters that are fun. I particularly liked the band that breaks up and reunites over the course of the night. It's an enjoyable but pretty forgettable flick.

How it entered my Flickchart:
Can't Hardly Wait > Frosty the Snowman
Can't Hardly Wait < Husbands and Wives
Can't Hardly Wait < Real Life
Can't Hardly Wait > Absolute Power
Can't Hardly Wait < The Terminal
Can't Hardly Wait > My Week With Marilyn
Can't Hardly Wait < The Stepford Wives (1975)
Can't Hardly Wait > We Need to Talk About Kevin
Can't Hardly Wait > Wide Awake
Can't Hardly Wait > The Call
Can't Hardly Wait > The Wicker Man (1973)
Can't Hardly Wait < The Last Unicorn
Final spot: #1277 out of 3079.

No comments: