Thursday, February 6, 2020

Mr. Right (2015)


IMDb plot summary: A girl falls for the "perfect" guy, who happens to have a very fatal flaw: he's a hitman on the run from the crime cartels who employ him.
Directed by Paco Cabezas. Starring Sam Rockwell, Anna Kendrick, Tim Roth, and James Ransone.

Okay, so let's be clear on this right from the get-go: This is a bad movie. It's frequently too quirky for its own good, it gets extremely manic at the weirdest moments, and the script is wildly clunky. And yet it's got kind of a weird charm to it? I think the only thing we can possibly attribute it to is the fact that Anna Kendrick and Sam Rockwell are such intensely charismatic actors that keep me invested in their characters even in nonsense like this. I wish the script was better, because this could have been a little underground hit. Instead, it was fine for a single viewing but I wouldn't watch it again and I certainly wouldn't recommend it to anyone else.

How it entered my Flickchart:
Mr. Right < A Night to Remember
Mr. Right > Captive State
Mr. Right > Ocean's Twelve
Mr. Right < The Autopsy of Jane Doe
Mr. Right < The Exorcism of Emily Rose
Mr. Right < Rio Bravo
Mr. Right > Thoughtcrimes
Mr. Right < My Big Fat Greek Wedding
Mr. Right < Monster
Mr. Right > The Perfect Score
Mr. Right > Stephen King's The Stand
Mr. Right < Sunshine
Final spot: #1889 out of 3068.

No comments: