Saturday, June 8, 2019

Leave No Trace (2018)


IMDb plot summary: A father and his thirteen year-old daughter are living an ideal existence in a vast urban park in Portland, Oregon, when a small mistake derails their lives forever.
Directed by Debra Granik. Starring Thomasin McKenzie, Ben Foster, Jeffery Rifflard, and Derek John Drescher.

I'm finding it difficult to put my thoughts on this movie into words. Maybe it's because the movie itself is quiet and makes me want to be quiet in response. But this is an excellent flick. I really appreciate how much story and personality is packed into it despite not having much dialogue at all. Tom is a fascinating character to watch interact with the world around her. It's one that is going to sit with me in a way something like Captain Fantastic or Into the Wild didn't.

How it entered my Flickchart:
Leave No Trace > Gold Diggers of 1933
Leave No Trace < It (2017)
Leave No Trace > I Love You, Man
Leave No Trace > Gandhi
Leave No Trace > Beyond the Sea
Leave No Trace > Batman: Mask of the Phantasm
Leave No Trace > Dredd
Leave No Trace > Zootopia
Leave No Trace < Primer
Leave No Trace > My Life as a Dog
Leave No Trace > Friday the 13th
Final spot: #753 out of 2983.

No comments: