Thursday, February 22, 2018

I, Tonya (2017)


IMDb plot summary: Competitive ice skater Tonya Harding rises amongst the ranks at the U.S. Figure Skating Championships, but her future in the activity is thrown into doubt when her ex-husband intervenes.
Directed by Craig Gillespie. Starring Margot Robbie, Sebastian Stan, Allison Janney, and Julianne Nicholson.

Biopics too frequently can't help but be a little bit dry. This one does a really good job of keeping it fun and interesting for the first half, but when it gets to the second half, something feels like it's missing and I can't quite put my finger on what. Margot Robbie does a great job, though, as does Allison Janney.

How it entered my Flickchart:
I, Tonya > They Made Me a Fugitive
I, Tonya < The Front
I, Tonya > Neighbors (what is that doing that high on my chart?)
I, Tonya < The Ladykillers (2004)
I, Tonya > Quiz Show
I, Tonya < Zero Effect
I, Tonya < I Saw the Devil
I, Tonya > Godzilla (2014)
I, Tonya < Lilies of the Field
I, Tonya < Guys and Dolls
I, Tonya < Hedwig and the Angry Inch
I, Tonya > Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

Final post: #928 out of 2736.

No comments: