Tuesday, July 5, 2016

How to Steal 2 Million (2011)


IMDb plot summary: Jack did five years for a robbery gone bad. Now he wants to go legit but after being rejected for a loan he needs a new source of capital. Twala presents him with an opportunity a job with a R2 million take. The complication is that the mark is Twala's father.
Directed by Charlie Vundla. Starring Menzi Ngubane, Terry Pheto, Rapulana Seiphemo, and John Kani.

This is one of those movies that I kind of feel bad rating so low on my Flickchart, because it's actually a decent little crime movie, but nothing about it really stands out to me. Crime movies have to really go above and beyond to sell themselves to me so that I enjoy them, and this one stayed pretty middle-of-the-road. If you like the genre, it's probably worth checking out, but it didn't do much for me so I can't say a lot more about it.

2 stars.

How it entered my Flickchart:
How to Steal 2 Million < My Sassy Girl (2008)
How to Steal 2 Million < Mickey Blue Eyes
How to Steal 2 Million > The Good German
How to Steal 2 Million > Pontoffel Pock, Where Are You?
How to Steal 2 Million > Thor: The Dark World
How to Steal 2 Million < The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey
How to Steal 2 Million < Pete's Dragon
How to Steal 2 Million < Mulan
How to Steal 2 Million < Gilda
How to Steal 2 Million < The Balloonatic
How to Steal 2 Million < 10 Items or Less
How to Steal 2 Million < The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou

Final spot: #1932 out of 2473.

No comments: