Saturday, May 11, 2013

The Thing (1982)


IMDb plot summary: Scientists in the Antarctic are confronted by a shape-shifting alien that assumes the appearance of the people that it kills.
Directed by John Carpenter. Starring Kurt Russell, Wilford Brimley, T.K. Carter, and David Clennon.

This certainly is creepy. I'm not sure it's going to stick with me as much as I had hoped, but it really is a very entertaining creature horror. And, who knows, maybe it WILL stick with me - that creature was certainly one of the creepiest things I've ever seen on film. I think my issue ended up being that I didn't connect to any of the characters, so any moment when they weren't actively fighting the creature was not so interesting for me. 3.5 stars.

Flickchart: #683 out of 1921, below To Sir, With Love and above The Exorcist.

No comments: