Thursday, January 12, 2012

Hulk (2003)

I watched the sequel to this movie, I know I have, but I can't actually remember anything about it, except being bored throughout it. I wasn't terribly bored during this one, although I wasn't impressed with it either. It's a nice plot - Bruce is easy to root for, and although there are a few too many villains, they all make sense as people who would be after him. However, the dialogue is cheesy, the comic book-like edits are not used effectively, and none of the characters are interesting except for Bruce himself. OK, but not good. 2 stars.

Best Part: I really liked Eric Bana as Bruce. Like I said, he's easy to root for. I wanted him to win.
Worst Part: People's reactions are weird. For example: Bruce tells Betty essentially that the crazy janitor wandered into his room and said he was Bruce's dad. Betty's response to this is... nothing. Nothing? Really? Is that a believable thing for the crazy old janitor to say? Not at this point in the movie. *sigh*
Flickchart: #1023, below A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum and above Avatar. (And, yes, Avatar is in the right spot. I didn't get that movie at all.)

No comments: