Sunday, October 7, 2018

Venom (2018)


IMDb plot summary: When Eddie Brock acquires the powers of a symbiote, he will have to release his alter-ego "Venom" to save his life.
Directed by Ruben Fleischer. Starring Tom Hardy, Michelle Williams, Riz Ahmed, and Scott Haze.

My hope going into this was that it was ridiculous enough that I would have a good time with it, since I had a tough time imagining it would be an objectively *good* movie in any sense. Fortunately, it was just as ridiculous as I expected. Our antagonist had such deliciously cartoon villain line deliveries that I had a ton of fun from the moment he showed up, and Eddie and Venom's interactions added to that over-the-top nonsense. It's wildly messy and frequently doesn't make a lot of sense, but oh boy was it fun.

How it entered my Flickchart:
Venom > Batman Forever
Venom < Breaking Away
Venom < Good Time
Venom < Hugo
Venom < Interiors
Venom > Adventures in Babysitting
Venom < The Family Man
Venom > Away From Her
Venom > One, Two, Three
Venom > Choke

Final spot: #1361 out of 2852.

No comments: