Friday, October 26, 2018

Kicking & Screaming (2005)


IMDb plot summary: Family man Phil Weston, a lifelong victim of his father's competitive nature, takes on the coaching duties of a kids' soccer team, and soon finds that he's also taking on his father's dysfunctional way of relating.
Directed by Jesse Dylan. Starring Will Ferrell, Robert Duvall, Mike Ditka, and Kate Walsh.

I mentioned to one person I was watching this for my movie challenge, and got an "I'm sorry" kind of response. But, honestly, this isn't bad. I mean, it's not *good* or anything. But it's pretty inoffensive. I seldom find Will Ferrell as annoying as many of the other comedians he gets compared to. And this is such a weirdly low-key movie, even with these little moments of more manic comedy. It's still just kind of... pleasant. No personality to speak of, but at least it didn't bother me. If it had more of a personality I'd probably have more to say of it, but as it is, it's a definite "*shrug* Sure," without any strong opinion. (Making this the most boring review ever. Sorry about that.)

2 stars.

How it entered my Flickchart:
Kicking & Screaming < Wedding Crashers
Kicking & Screaming > The French Connection
Kicking & Screaming > The Ides of March
Kicking & Screaming < Dakota Skye
Kicking & Screaming > 13 Going on 30
Kicking & Screaming < Martian Child
Kicking & Screaming < Mission: Impossible
Kicking & Screaming < Scrooge
Kicking & Screaming > Bounce
Kicking & Screaming < Rebecca
Kicking & Screaming > Days of Heaven

Final spot: #1689 out of 2859.

No comments: