Saturday, October 21, 2017

Wild Zero (1999)


IMDb plot summary: Only legendary Japanese garage rock band Guitar Wolf can stand between a race of aliens from destroying earth with an army of zombies.
Directed by Tetsuro Takeuchi. Starring Guitar Wolf, Drum Wolf, Bass Wolf, and Masashi Endô.

The concept of this movie is more fun than the actual execution, for me. In theory, a punk rock biker zombie flick sounds *amazing*, but it can't quite maintain that energy and I ended up spending a lot of time watching people I didn't care about do things that didn't matter to me. There are some terrifically fun elements, so it does land in the upper half of my chart, but I didn't like it as much as I wanted to once I realized what it was. I'm glad I got to watch it though!

3 stars.

How it entered my Flickchart:
Wild Zero > Trainwreck
Wild Zero < High Strung
Wild Zero < Manhattan Murder Mystery
Wild Zero > Marathon
Wild Zero < A Separation
Wild Zero < Wild Hearts Can't Be Broken
Wild Zero > Adam
Wild Zero > A Tale of Two Sisters
Wild Zero < The Ring
Wild Zero < Descendants
Wild Zero < The Gift
Wild Zero < Cat's Eye

Final spot: #1136 out of 2668.

No comments: