Saturday, January 21, 2017

Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle (2004)


IMDb plot summary: An Asian-American office worker and his Indian stoner friend embark on a quest to satisfy their desire for White Castle burgers.
Directed by Danny Leiner. Starring John Cho, Kal Penn, Ethan Embry, and Malin Akerman.

Ugh. OK, so I was hoping this would be mildly entertaining. There've been a few "dumb comedies" that I actually enjoyed, that turned out to be smarter than they appeared to be. I was hoping this would be one of them. Turns out, nope. It's not. The central premise is a good one, but every single episode is just unpleasant to watch, aside from the one with Neil Patrick Harris because, well, NPH can save just about anything. I just don't have any interest whatsoever in watching two women with diarrhea compete to poop louder or seeing a close-up of a face boil oozing pus. That, that right there is the kind of movie this was. This is a film I'm glad to check off my list because it means I never have to watch it again. Did not work for me at all.

0.5 stars.

How it entered my Flickchart:
Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle < Sex Tape
Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle < Simone
Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle > Turner and Hooch
Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle < John Q.
Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle < A Decade Under the Influence
Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle < Sumo of the Opera
Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle < Pinocchio
Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle < Shadow of a Doubt
Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle < Susannah of the Mounties
Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle > Reefer Madness (1936)
Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle < Dracula
Final spot: #2243 out of 2566.

No comments: