Thursday, September 8, 2016

Cinderella 3: A Twist in Time (2007)


IMDb plot summary: Lady Tremaine gets her hands on the Fairy Godmother's wand, then turns back time to the day Cinderella tried on the glass slipper.
Directed by Frank Nissen. Starring Jennifer Hale, Christopher Daniel Barnes, Susanne Blakeslee, and Tress MacNeille.

I... don't know what to say about this movie. It is pretty much exactly what I expected -- a ridiculous direct-to-video sequel that makes zero sense. I'm like 80% sure this movie was suggested to me for my movie challenge somewhat ironically, though the reviews I read on the site where I watched it indicated that there are at least a few people who sincerely like this. Aside from the ridiculousness of the plot, however, it was just... kind of obnoxious and exhausting. Every other scene was a loud, busy slapstick routine. The original movie certainly isn't a favorite of mine, but at least its humor was tempered by an understanding of what was actually at stake. This one undermined the stakes at every turn with wacky cartoon goofiness, like the designers thought the problem with the original was that it had been too subtle and if only everything was 50% louder, faster, brighter, and sillier, it would have REALLY taken off among kids. Really a pretty bad movie. But I got through it thanks to snarking it on my Twitter -- you can read all that here: https://storify.com/purplecow17/cinderella-iii-a-twist-in-time

0.5 stars.

How it entered my Flickchart:
Cinderella III < Days of Heaven
Cinderella III < Bad Moms
Cinderella III > Faces
Cinderella III < Dragonball Evolution
Cinderella III < Deep Blue Sea
Cinderella III < The Princess and the Goblin
Cinderella III < Red River
Cinderella III > The Wonderful World of Autotainment
Cinderella III < Dracula
Cinderella III < The Butter Battle Book
Cinderella III < Honey, I Shrunk the Kids
Cinderella III < Turner and Hooch

Final spot: #2181 out of 2503.

No comments: