Tuesday, November 16, 2021

Knocked Up (2007)

IMDb plot summary: For fun-loving party animal Ben Stone, the last thing he ever expected was for his one-night stand to show up on his doorstep eight weeks later to tell him she's pregnant with his child.
Directed by Judd Apatow. Starring Seth Rogen, Katherine Heigl, and Paul Rudd.

This movie is heavily about the characters and the dynamics of the two of them dealing with having a baby, and I really, really don't like either of these characters. I don't relate to them, I don't enjoy their company, and I don't really care how things go for them. That being said... there a lot of decent moments that work for me if I forget all the character set up I've been given. Take out all their character development and make this a series of sketches where two oddly matched people trying to navigate a pregnancy, and it's pretty enjoyable. So it ends up with a middle-of-the-road ranking for creating a good series of scenes centered on two people I can't stand.

How it entered my Flickchart:
Knocked Up > Hustle & Flow
Knocked Up < Jack Goes Boating
Knocked Up < About Elly
Knocked Up < Reality Bites
Knocked Up > The Forbidden Kingdom
Knocked Up > Gunpowder Milkshake
Knocked Up > The Perks of Being a Wallflower
Knocked Up < Censor
Knocked Up > Tangled
Knocked Up < The Italian Job (1969)
Knocked Up > Les Miserables (1935)
Final spot: #1536 out of 3469, or 56%.

No comments: