Thursday, December 13, 2018

I and You (2018)


No IMDb plot summary.
Directed by Edward Hall. Starring Maisie Williams and Zach Wyatt.

To my shame, despite Lauren Gunderson being my theater's resident playwright, I'd never read or seen this play of hers, which had its world premiere at my theater several years before I started working there. While I'm not entirely sold on Maisie Williams and Zach Wyatt's performances, the script is lovely and great and funny and touching, and it gives young actors such rich roles. I'm glad I finally got to see it in some form.

How it entered my Flickchart:
I and You > The Switch
I and You < Waitress
I and You > The Slipper and the Rose
I and You > The Computer Wore Tennis Shoes
I and You > Notting Hill
I and You > There Will Be Blood
I and You > Up in the Air
I and You > Young Adult
I and You < Little Children
I and You < Thor: Ragnarok

Final spot: #725 out of 2877.

No comments: