Monday, June 4, 2018

Kingpin (1996)


IMDb plot summary: A star bowler whose career was prematurely "cut off" hopes to ride a new prodigy to success and riches.
Directed by Bobby Farrelly and Peter Farrelly. Starring Woody Harrelson, Randy Quaid, Vanessa Angel, and Bill Murray.

The Farrelly brothers just have the complete opposite sense of humor as I do. I thought maybe since they just directed this one and didn't write it that it might work better for me, but nope. It still just leaves me with an icky taste in my mouth, and I don't think I laughed even once.

How it entered my Flickchart:
Kingpin < Pulp Fiction
Kingpin < Run Lola Run
Kingpin > Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End
Kingpin < The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou
Kingpin > Seven Pounds
Kingpin < Facing the Giants
Kingpin < Freaky Friday (1976)
Kingpin > The Collective
Kingpin > The Devil is a Woman
Kingpin < Bulworth
Final spot: #2344 out of 2797.

No comments: