Saturday, March 24, 2018

Baby Driver (2017)


IMDb plot summary: After being coerced into working for a crime boss, a young getaway driver finds himself taking part in a heist doomed to fail.
Directed by Edgar Wright. Starring Ansel Elgort, Kevin Spacey, Lily James, and Jon Hamm.

I expected to love this a lot more than I did. Baby is a great character and the use of the music in the film is excellent, but the way the plot plays out is lacking something. A tighter focus, perhaps? I'm not sure. I liked it but I was hoping to be transcended the way Wright's other work has done for me.

3.5 stars.

How it entered my Flickchart:
Baby Driver > Gifted
Baby Driver < Quartet
Baby Driver > Lo
Baby Driver > Peeping Tom
Baby Driver > Wristcutters: A Love Story
Baby Driver > A Grand Day Out with Wallace and Gromit
Baby Driver > The Impossible
Baby Driver > High Strung
Baby Driver > My Life as a Dog
Baby Driver > Reservoir Dogs
Baby Driver > Sweet Smell of Success

Final spot: #689 out of 2751.

No comments: