Saturday, August 1, 2015

The Imposter (2012)


IMDb plot summary: A documentary centered on a young man in Spain who claims to a grieving Texas family that he is their 16-year-old son who has been missing for 3 years.
Directed by Bart Layton.

(Spoilers ahead.)

Well, this was fascinating. Also, it was nice to watch a movie, period, as I pretty much haven't been doing that these past two months. But that's not relevant. While I find many documentaries have to work very hard to make a real-life story as interesting as a fabricated one, this movie is intriguing all the way through, and the fact that there are some questions we just don't get answers to adds an extra layer of intrigue. I was so wrapped up in the story that the final shot of the private investigator digging in the backyard sent a chill down my spine. Definitely one of the more interesting documentaries I've seen.

3.5 stars.

How it entered my Flickchart:
The Imposter > Safety Not Guaranteed
The Imposter < Eat Pray Love
The Imposter > Cat on a Hot Tin Roof
The Imposter > My Week With Marilyn
The Imposter > Mister Roberts
The Imposter > Top Secret!
The Imposter > The Return of Captain Invincible
The Imposter > Spanglish
The Imposter < Children of Men
The Imposter < A Clockwork Orange
The Imposter < Gone Baby Gone
The Imposter > Sleeping Beauty
Final spot: #600 out of 2370.

No comments: