Monday, November 17, 2014

Big Hero 6 (2014)


IMDb plot summary: The special bond that develops between plus-sized inflatable robot Baymax, and prodigy Hiro Hamada, who team up with a group of friends to form a band of high-tech heroes.
Directed by Don Hall and Chris Williams. Starring Scott Adsit, Ryan Potter, Daniel Henney, and T.J. Miller.

This movie has more than a few similarities to The Iron Giant, but, hey, I loved that movie, and I loved this one too. The characters are likable and interesting, and there are some surprising layers to the story beyond just a typical superhero/supervillain dynamic. I find it's slipping some from my mind even just a couple days after watching it -- much more than I would have expected something like this to do -- so it may not be as memorable as I anticipated, but it's definitely a satisfying flick, and it's well worth a watch.

4 stars.

Flickchart: #428 out of 2255, which may be slightly too high. It's below The Phantom of the Opera at the Royal Albert Hall and above Kiss Me, Stupid!

No comments: