Friday, June 14, 2013

Lifeforce (1985)


IMDb plot summary: A race of space vampires arrive in London and infect the populace.
Directed by Tobe Hooper. Starring Steve Railsback, Peter Firth, and Frank Finlay.

All right. I have a fondness for cheesy sci-fi, but let me just come right out and say that THIS MOVIE IS RIDICULOUS. Heh. "Vampires in space" is a silly premise but one that could totally work if done right, and this movie just went crazy with it, with ridiculous plot device after ridiculous plot device, plenty of B-movie-level writing, and bizarre acting that kept making me giggle. I still kind of enjoyed it, but no way could I ever say that it was a good movie at all. Fun, but ludicrous, and it has enough moments that made me go, "Wait, what? Really?" that it gets bumped down just slightly from the 3 stars I was going to rate it. 2.5 stars.

Flickchart: #938 out of 1938, below Meet Joe Black and above Spy Game.

No comments: