Wednesday, January 19, 2005

A Snoodle's Tale (2004)

This might be one of my favorite VeggieTales movies to date. Wait. Scratch that. This IS one of my favorites. Whether it surpasses King George and the Ducky, I'm not sure, but it's awfully close. It's the first Veggie movie in quite a while to use the ol' on-the-counter formula... Nice to see Qwerty again, not to mention hearing the theme song!

It's also the first time in awhile that a Veggie movie has had two different stories separated by the Silly Song. The first story, "Dr. Jiggle and Mr. Sly" was only so-so as far as the actual message, but had some hilarious bits... My personal favorite was a series of jokes that started when there was a close-up of Scooter opening Dr. Jiggle's door... but you see a hand turning the knob. Scooter jumps back and screams. When Larry asks him what's wrong, he replies, "THE HAND!" This happens a few more times and kept making me giggle.

The Silly Song With Larry (guest starring The Maybe-Scallion Who Sang the Puppy Song in Esther) is hilarious... Definitely one of the best ever!

And the Snoodle's tale? I have to admit, it almost made me cry. I'm not kidding. It was such a touching story and resonated so deeply with me that I found a lump in my throat and had to sniffle hard a few times to keep back the tears. This has to be one of the coolest stories the Veggies have ever made. I just might have to buy this video, it's so good. Note, this is also my longest review to date. Hmm. Way to go, Big Idea, for making a movie I could write this much about! 4.5 stars.

No comments: