Friday, January 21, 2005

A Cinderella Story (2004)

Plot: Routinely exploited by her wicked stepmother, the downtrodden Sam Montgomery is excited about the prospect of meeting her Internet beau at the school's Halloween dance.

When I went to rent this, I said, "I want to see something light and fluffy." Yup, this is about as light and fluffy as you can get. The goofy overdone slapstick humor, the stereotypical obnoxious cheerleaders, the hot guy who really isn't all that bad, the good guy friend who I always hope she'll end up getting together with since I never like the bland lead guys in these movies... It's all there. I must say, I AM getting sick of this "Be true to yourself" theme. People who ARE true to themselves... are getting way sick of it. And if you're not true to yourself, watching 80,000 teen movies on it isn't necessarily going to help. But ah well. We shall ignore that and not mind the movie for what it is... a light-hearted "I don't want to think about life" bit of fluff. One other mention though... I don't know that our Cinderella is too badly treated. She has a computer with Internet access in her bedroom! She has her own car! She has her own cell phone! But *shrug* 1.5 stars.

No comments: