Saturday, August 4, 2007

Big Daddy (1999)

Slightly spoiler ahead, although why anyone would care about this movie enough to worry about spoilers is beyond me. Yeah, everyone knows my stance on Adam Sandler. We should hang him from a tree and beat himuntil he repents of all the horrible things he has wrought. This movie is SLIGHTLY less horrible than Mr. Deeds - less of a cruel streak and more of a simple "Well, that's not even close to being funny." Plus, we're supposed to feel sympathy for this guy? I was rooting the entire time for the kid to go to someone else. (Hoorah for that ending.) As an older sister, I did not chuckle warmly at the antics throughout the movie, but kept going, "Uh! Well, that's just obnoxious." Urgh. Adam Sandler has still done nothing to change my mind about his worth as a celebrity. 0.5 stars.

No comments: