Saturday, December 23, 2006

Crimes and Misdemeanors (1989)

If this movie hadn't inexplicably depressed me for the next two hours after I finished the flick, I'd probably be able to rate it more highly. :-) As it is, still a very interesting movie. It was especially interesting seeing it right after Match Point, which shares a lot of the same themes and even a similar plotline. Has a lot of interesting thoughts about morality and God, which I always love hearing people talk about. Also, a really nice end sequence. I've had to work hard not to overuse the word "interesting" in my review here, but that pretty much sums up my reaction to it in a nutshell: Interesting. Didn't captivate me in any way, but it was wonderful watching it play out. So I'm going to give it what appears to be my average movie rating these days: 3.5 stars.

No comments: