Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Top Secret! (1984)

When I was in New York, Sarah, Naomi and I managed to catch the last half of this on TV. After flipping through the channels and wondering every time around, "What IS this show??" we finally sat down and watched it. So when I got back home, I hunted it down so I could watch the whole thing. And, dang, it was fun! It's written by the same people who wrote Airplane!, which I absolutely adored, and is a spoof on spy movies and Elvis movies. Er, yes, together. While it doesn't quite reach the artistic brilliance of Airplane!, it certainly has some great moments and had me giggling out loud a few times. 4 stars.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is my favorite spoof movie that never gets mentioned, ever. I honestly don't think I've ever seen a reference to it anywhere that I wasn't making myself.

And yet every time I pass the aisle in the grocery store containing frozen "novelties", I have to start hearing in my head, "Souvenirs, novelties, party tricks!"