Saturday, October 4, 2003

Finding Nemo (2003)

I will probably be cast out into the street when I say that nothing in this movie particularly struck me. Yes, the animation was superb (causing me to draw gasping breaths throughout the movie due to a combination of hydrophobia and claustrophobia kicking in), the plotline was sweet, the performances were very solid . . . So what was missing? I have no idea. But something in this movie reached out and grabbed at me. Even the comedy scenes weren't that funny to me. The most enjoyment I had was relating to Dory . . . Curse short-term memory loss! Wait . . . who was Dory again? But, seriously, there wasn't much about this movie that I *really* enjoyed. I moderately enjoyed the whole thing, but for me that's not enough to make a good movie. 3 stars.

No comments: