Saturday, April 23, 2016

Shui quan guai zhao (1979)


IMDb plot summary: After being beaten by some thugs, police officer Chin Tai Ba learns the Sleeping Fist style from martial arts master Chung Yiu.
Directed by Wing-Cho Yip. Starring Ka-Yan Leung, Siu Tin Yun, Ling-lung Ouyang, and Yi Lung Huang.

As far as kung fu movies go, this would be OK, I guess, if it wasn't for the horrific dubbing. I don't have a lot of patience with kung fu movies when they're basically all either training montages or scenes of people being offended by other people and deciding to fight. But the characters are kind of sort of loosely interesting here, which saves it from being as boring as it could be. Definitely not my cup of tea, genre-wise, but it was tolerable.

2 stars.

How it entered my Flickchart:

This movie is not yet on Flickchart. When it is added to the database, I'll update this review.

No comments: