Thursday, November 8, 2012

Trainspotting (1996)

Note: The remaining November entries do not have "Best Part/Worst Part" sections because I was without a computer for a month and am just now catching up on all my reviews, and I knew if I tried to figure out anything beyond just the mini-review itself, I'd just never get anything written. :-)


Danny Boyle's directing continues to astound me. He tells this story with wonderful visual style, hitting just the right comedic moments and emphasizing all the right dramatic ones. The story itself kind of goes around and around in circles, and I think if most directors had made this it would have not set quite right with me. Overall, I continue to be impressed with Boyle in just about everything he's done. He's tackled quite a wide variety of topics and genres now... 4 stars.

Flickchart: #384, below Borat and above 12 Monkeys, which is still way too high on my list.

No comments: