Thursday, April 5, 2012

Carnage (2011)

I read the original play and liked it, but I felt that it was one of those that had to be *seen*. And I was right. This is a superb cast bringing to light all the viciousness and the hostilities of the characters. It's brutal and fascinating and illuminating. Roman Polanski and the original playwright, Yasmina Reza, worked together on the screenplay, and it is wonderful. Great adaptation. 4 stars.

Best Part: The acting is incredible. I particularly liked the two men - Christoph Waltz and John C. Reilly create fascinating characters.
Worst Part: Some of the "let's go back into the room and continue this" excuses seemed extremely thin. I know it was trying to up the tension, but it just seemed silly sometimes.
Flickchart: #361, below Murder By Death and above The Artist.

No comments: