Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Enchanted (2007)

This was disappointing... It's got a great premise and a good cast, so it should have been much better than it was. I think the main problem was they tried to cloud it with too many side characters and too much extra plot. I was really only interested in the part of the story featuring Giselle and her prince... The evil queen and her minion's entrances into New York just seemed unnecessary. And the final ending scene went on FAR too long. But these moments didn't completely overshadow the rest of the movie, which was really enjoyable, so I'll give it 3 1/2.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I actually enjoyed this a lot and didn't feel like it became bloated with extra characters, personally. It's a Disney fairy tale in New York! So of course the villain didn't seem superfluous, to me. It's got a lot of light-hearted absurdity which really works for me.

A fun game is trying to spot the references to various Disney classics.