Friday, September 2, 2005

Donnie Darko (2001)

May I start off by saying that that rabbit is the SINGLE SCARIEST IMAGE I HAVE EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE. I think I'm going to have nightmares forever from that thing. *shudder* Okay. On to the actual movie. Talk about confusing. I had sort of a vague idea of what was going on but then weird stuff happened and I was like, "Hmm, oh, okay, on second thought, I think this is happening," and then weirder stuff happened and I was like, "Um. Okay. Now I have no clue at all." At the end my dad told me what the official website says happened and, honestly, I have NO IDEA how I was supposed to get that from the movie. However... just because I didn't understand it doesn't mean at all that it wasn't a good movie. I really really liked it. It was entertaining all the way through and I did have fun trying to figure it out even though I didn't come anywhere near it. But let mejust state one more time.... that rabbit is HORRIFYING!!!!!!! Aaaahhhhhh! (My dad pointed out that actually this was the second movie we'd watched this week involving a scary rabbit. The other was Monty Python and the Holy Grail.) 4.5 stars.

No comments: