Monday, March 21, 2005

I Heart Huckabees (2004)

I could see why people wouldn't like this, but I thought it was great. As I read the reviews for this, people compared it to Napoleon Dynamite in terms of "weirdness", I guess. But as Napoleon Dynamite was a weird comedy for the non-thinker, I Heart Huckabees is a weird comedy for the thinker. Of course, if you're like me and are just plain weird, then you should like them both. Huckabees remained light even in the midst of all its insane philosophical whatever-the-heck-that-was... and quotes like "You can't deal with my infinite nature, can you?" "That is so not true. Wait, what does that even mean?" keep it from looking like it's taking itself too seriously. Wouldn't recommend it to everyone, but I would recommend it to... um. I'm not sure who. But I'll think about that. 4.5 stars.

No comments: